SOLE HOPE SHOE PARTIES
Shoe Party FYI
- Digital Shoe Parties are $80. This covers the cost of the instructional information and the required sponsorship of 2 pairs of shoes.
- Physical Shoe Parties are $95. This covers the cost of the instructional information, some special handouts for your guests, a cool zipper pouch, and the required sponsorship for 2 pairs of shoes.
- You need a Shoe Party Kit BEFORE you plan your party.
- If you make more than 2 pairs of shoes, each additional pair requires a $35 donation.
- Recommended for 5th grade age level and up.
- You only need ONE Shoe Party Kit, no matter the size of your group or event.
Shoe Party FAQ
- Can I make a donation online for additional shoes? Yes, click here to donate.
- Does the purchase price of the Shoe Party Kit include a return shipping or a return shipping label? Return shipping is the responsibility of the host and is not included in the purchase price of the Kit.
- Can you tell me how much return shipping will cost for x amount of shoes? Shipping will vary greatly based on the number of shoes you have, the shoe size you are assigned, and the shipping method. We recommend comparing rates online before shipping to get the best rate. Often flat-rate boxes from the US Postal Service work well for this project.
- How long will it take to receive my physical Shoe Party Kit after I order? Once your order is placed, your Kit will ship out within 7 days.
- How long does it take to cut a pair of shoes? The time it takes to complete your first pair of shoes will vary greatly depending on your skill level, but we estimate that it takes about 20 minutes to properly trace, cut, and pin together the first pair. Each additional pair gets a little easier so you can complete them faster without sacrificing quality.
- Can I request a specific size shoe pattern? Our shoe patterns are strategically distributed regionally across the country based on the needs in Uganda. The size you receive is the one we need from you!
- Why is $35 required for each pair of shoes? The required donation for each pair enables us to ensure the completion of each pair, including getting the shoe uppers to Uganda, paying the wages of the tailors and shoemakers, purchasing the additional shoe materials, getting them to clinic, and on the feet of people in need. It also covers the treatment and care of a person at our clinics. This includes gas to meet people in need where they are, medical supplies, fair wage salaries for our staff, etc.
- I already have a kit. Can I use that Kit again? We do ask that you if you have a kit that was purchased previous to October 2020 that you purchase a new one. Otherwise, please just note the change in required donation.
- I lost my pattern. Can you send me another one? Replacement patterns are available for $2 each, but we can NOT email patterns. For this reason, we recommend making a copy of your master pattern before using it.
- Can I just get the pattern? Patterns are only available in a Shoe Party Kit. You need all of the materials to host.
- Can you tell me how to donate my jeans to Sole Hope? We do not take donations of denim, but we do recommend that you donate it to Blue Jeans Go Green: bluejeansgogreen.org
- We have a ton of leftover jeans and scrap denim from our party. Can we send those to you? While we appreciate your generosity, we do not take denim donations. If you have extra jeans, we recommend first reaching out to a local organization that could benefit from your donation. If there is no local need or if you have tons of denim scraps, we encourage you to donate to our friends at Blue Jeans Go Green to put them to good use.
Will you have little ones at your event? Click below to access coloring pages to keep the littles busy while you work. These pages go along with our children’s book. (Order copy here if you don’t already have one!)
To access the coloring pages, click the link below and download the zip file. Unzip the downloaded file to access the individual pages. An additional app may be required for use with tablets.
**Any funds received from Shoe Parties will be used for the production of shoes as much as possible. Sole Hope reserves the right to sell any shoes made beyond the current needs of the organization to benefit the ongoing needs of the organization.**