SOLE HOPE SHOE PARTIES
Are you looking to get involved with Sole Hope in a very tangible way?
Sole Hope Shoe Parties are a chance for you to be included in the Shoe Making Process! No special sewing or cobbler skills required! You are touching and prepping the fabric that will be finished into shoes in Uganda and go on the feet of one of our patients to aid in living a life free from jiggers.
Your Shoe Party Kit contains a complete Shoe Party Guide, which walks you through the entire process from planning to packaging, exclusive access to videos and resources for Shoe Parties, host goodies, and a sample shoe, all of which are packaged in a hand-made zipper pouch created in Uganda by our Head Tailor Okello.
Shoe Party FYI
- The cost of a Shoe Party Kit is $115. This covers the cost of the instructional materials and the required donations for 10 pairs of shoes.
- You need a Shoe Party Kit BEFORE you plan your party.
- You only need ONE Shoe Party Kit, no matter the size of your group or event.
- For all parties hosted in 2017 and beyond, you need a NEW Shoe Party Kit.
- Shoe Party Kit availability is indicated above.
- Shoe Party Kits are available only in our online store.
- If you make more than 10 pairs of shoes, each additional pair requires a $10 donation.
- Recommended for 5th grade age level and up.
Shoe Party FAQ
- Can I make a donation online for additional shoes? Yes, click here to donate.
- Does the purchase price of the Shoe Party Kit include a return shipping or a return shipping label? Return shipping is the responsibility of the host and is not included in the purchase price of the Kit.
- Can you tell me how much return shipping will cost for x amount of shoes? Shipping will vary greatly based on the number of shoes you have, the shoe size you are assigned, and the shipping method. We recommend comparing rates online before shipping to get the best rate. Often flat-rate boxes from the US Postal Service work well for this project.
- Can I request a specific size shoe pattern? Our shoe patterns are strategically distributed regionally across the country based on the needs in Uganda. The size you receive is the one we need from you!
- Why is $10 required for each pair of shoes? The required donation for each pair is the Next Step Donation that enables us to ensure the completion of each pair. This donation covers everything involved in the process from getting the shoe uppers to Uganda to paying the wages of the tailors and shoemakers to purchasing the additional shoe materials to getting them to clinic and on the feet of a child in need.
- I purchased a Kit in 201x. Can I use that Kit again? With recent changes to Shoe Party Kits and the stateside processes, we ask that a new Kit be purchased for all Parties hosted on or after October 1,2017.
- I lost my pattern. Can you send me another one? Replacement patterns are available for $2 each, but we can NOT email patterns. For this reason we recommend making a copy of your master pattern before using it.
- The online store says Shoe Party Kits are sold out. Can I just get the pattern? Patterns are only available in a Shoe Party Kit. You need all of the materials to host.
- Can I pre-order or get on a waiting list if Shoe Party Kits are sold out? Shoe Party Kits are only available through our online store. If those sell out, the next batch of Kits will be available on the 1st of the next month.
- Can you tell me how to donate my jeans to Sole Hope? We do not take donations of denim, but you are welcome to reach out on your state’s Sole Hope FB page to see if there are any parties planned for your area. We do not have a calendar of events so we don’t know when parties are being held unless they are shared publicly.
- We have a ton of leftover jeans and scrap denim from our party. Can we send those to you? While we appreciate your generosity, we do not take denim donations. If you have extra jeans, we recommend first reaching out to a local organization that could benefit from your donation. If there is no local need or if you have tons of denim scraps, we encourage you to donate to our friends at Blue Jeans Go Green to put them to good use.