CARE KIT PARTY
Care Kit Parties are our newest party kit. For this Party option, you will pack individual Kits for those served by Sole Hope that contain the basic supplies needed for the at-home care and prevention of jiggers. Groups host collection drives for the basic medical supplies needed (think bandaids and cotton balls), and then at the party sort, unpackage, and assemble individual Kits according to specifications. Each Kit can also contain a personalized note/letter to the recipient of each Kit. This activity is great for all ages, and is a great way to involve the community at large and spread the word about the mission of Sole Hope!
Your Care Kit Party is available for purchase in both digital and printed forms. Each Kit contains a complete instructional guide, packing lists and return information.
Care Kit Party FYI
- The cost of a Care Kit Party is $35. This covers the cost of the instructional materials and the required donations for 10 Care Kits.
- You need a Care Kit Party BEFORE you plan your party.
- You only need ONE Care Kit Party, no matter the size of your group or event.
- Care Kit Parties can be used multiple times.
- Care Kit Party availability is indicated above.
- Care Kit Parties are available in our online store.
- If you make more than 10 Care Kits, each additional kit requires a $3 donation.
- Recommended for all ages.
Care Kit Party FAQ
- Does the purchase price of the Care Kit party include return shipping or a return shipping label? Return shipping is the responsibility of the host and is not included in the purchase price of the Kit.
- Can you tell me how much return shipping will cost for x amount of Kits? Shipping will vary greatly based on the number of kits you have and the shipping method. We recommend comparing rates online before shipping to get the best rate. Often flat-rate boxes from the US Postal Service work well for this project.
- What makes Care Kits different from just donating medical supplies? The medical supplies that we receive through general donations or in addition to shoe patterns are used for weekly clinics. The Care Kits are used specifically for Outreach as tools and supplements to the education families and children receive.
- Why is there a required donation for each Kit? The required donation for each Kit covers the additional supplies needed to complete each Kit. The additional supplies, educational materials, wash basins, and bar soap can be acquired easier and for less money in Uganda than it would cost us to purchase here and ship.
- What is the Hope Center? For adults and children who require more extensive treatment, Sole Hope brings them to the Hope Center where they receive food, clothing, medical treatment, housing and education during their stay. Sole Hope maintains staff at the Hope Center so that patients receive supervision and care 24 hours a day.
- Does the size of the bag matter? Yes, please use snack size bags for packing the cotton balls and quart size bags for all of the listed supplies. These sizes minimize wasted space.
- Should the medical supplies be a certain brand? No. Any brand of supplies can be used.
- Can multiple sizes of safety pins be used? The safety pins are the tools used to remove jiggers, so large safety pins (2” are great) are ones easiest to hold and maneuver to get the job done.
- Are holiday stickers okay to include? When choosing stickers, try to pick ones that are recognizable in any country and that are not tied to a specific holiday/country/etc.
- The list calls for alcohol wipes. Are antibacterial wipes acceptable? Alcohol wipes serve a specific purpose in the Kits that cannot be substituted with antibacterials wipes, so please only use alcohol wipes.
Do you have little ones attending your event? Click below to access the coloring pages that go along with our children’s book (Order here if you don’t already have a copy!).
To access the coloring pages, click the link below and download the zip file. Unzip the downloaded file to access the individual pages. An additional app may be required for use with tablets.